Sunday, April 21, 2013

OKCupid is the worst game ever made.

OKCupid might be good for something, but it's not good for dating.

I'm tired of putting all this effort into reading women's profiles, carefully crafting a custom message to try to get someone I'm interested in engaged in a conversation, and still getting nowhere. What other activity in the world would you engage in where you have to put forth this much effort and get barely any reward? Name me just one.

I'm not saying online dating doesn't work at all. Let me be clear that I have gotten a few memorable and  cherished relationships out of it and I honestly wouldn't trade those for anything. But the ratio of time spent vs. benefits comes up a big fat negative every way I think about it.

C'mon ladies, what is the problem here? I'm a goddamn prince! I have a job and my own car. I pay my bills. No baby momma drama. I don't have warrants. I'm not a junkie. I'm in a fucking band for fuck sake! Yet, I get barely any response. You women are off your game, and you're missing out big time.

My conclusion is that women on online dating sites are not there to date. There must be some other reason they have these profiles. Maybe they're bored, and the only cure is the knowledge that somewhere, some lonely guy is agonizing over whether or not the message he's about to send you will send him straight to the friend zone or not.

Somethings I noticed: Too many woman on OKC claims to be bisexual. Is it just me, or are they trying too hard to seem edgy? I'm not buying it until I get some evidence. Pics or it didn't happen.

Woman with kids makes it painfully clear that "Hey, just letting you know, I have a kid, and you are always going to play second fiddle to that." Thanks for letting me know that someone knocked you up before I got a chance to. You don't have to wear your child like a big red "A" on your blouse. I know your kid is the most important thing in your life and I'm cool with that, but are you trying to get a date or daycare?

One thing video games have taught me, if you're not having any fun with this game, play another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment